Monday 31 March 2014

Eczema Relief

Just this past year I've started getting eczema on my arms and it has spread to my thighs. After using countless creams and moisturizers I finally found some products that have stopped the itch and dramatically improved the appearance of my eczema.


In the shower I use a loofa and gently rub my eczema with Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo with the red label. It takes away the itch and I started seeing an improvement in about a week of using this.

While I shower I use Pine Tar soap which is known to help eczema. It helps reduce itching, inflammation and it soothes the skin.

This is my new holy grail product. Polysporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream. This stuff is amazing, no other moisturizers even compare. In just 3-4 days my eczema hasn't been itchy at all and it even looks so much better. It even claims to heal the damaged skin caused by eczema. They also have other products in this line that are only meant to be used for about 7 days because it contains a small amount of steroids, but this cream is gentle and can be used everyday.

My own homemade moisturizer: 
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
It's very easy but it can also be very greasy. It locks in moisture and has definitely been helping the itch and inflammation.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such great information on eczema. I have it also and its hard to find natural ways to treat it without those steroid creams. I don't like using them either. Im going to try your suggestions. Could you please tell me where I could purchase the pine tar soap. I live in the us if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I hate steroid creams, they're so bad for your skin. I really hope that some of these home remedies can help you! I absolutely love Pine Tar Soap. I'm in Canada so I don't really know where in the US you can get it, but they should carry it at any type of health food stores. Lots of grocery stores also carry natural soap such as Longo's (I'm not sure if there's Longo's in the US).

    ReplyDelete