Wednesday 6 November 2013

Drugstore Powders

I've always had a hard time finding a nice powder to go over my foundation that will keep me matte throughout the day. These are 3 drugstore powders that I have tried.

(Left) Rimmel Stay Matte: Everyone raves about this powder and how it keeps them staying matte all day. I bought the colour "translucent" and for me it was nothing special and is comparable to every other powder. It definitely didn't keep me matte throughout the day and I would have to reapply it at least 4-5 times a day and then it would look a bit cakey.
Price: $6.71

(Middle) L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder: I really like this powder, it doesn't keep me matte all day, I still have to reapply it a few times per day but I find it does make my foundation stay on longer and it never leaves your face cakey looking.
Price: $9

(Right) Marcelle Monochromatic Pressed Powder: I love this powder but it's a bit pricey for drugstore products. I've been a fan of Marcelle cosmetics for years, I personally love their original pressed powder formula better but it's discontinued. It's super lightweight and it instantly leaves your face shine free when you apply it, but you will have to reapply it a couple times throughout the day. Overall this has always been my favourite pressed powder. 
Price: $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment