Tuesday 26 November 2013

Shaving Tricks: No More Redness!

For years I've suffered from dermatitis which has made my skin constantly itchy and red and of course shaving would just irritate it more and cause me to get scars all over my legs. After years of trying different things I finally found something that worked and now I will share it with you!

Whenever you shave always use luke warm or cool water, this will automatically create less irritation because it brings down your body temperature. When you shower with hot water it will create redness and inflame the skin.


I always wash my body with an Aloe and Vitamin e soap. You can find these at your local health food store. These are very natural and extremely gently on sensitive skin. It doesn't dry out your skin like normal soap does and it also helps to moisturize and even fade scars.

It's always a good idea to use a shaving cream/gel when you shave so that it creates a smooth canvas for your razor and it will create less abrasion on the skin. I use Aveeno Skin Relief Shave Gel. I have used so many shaving creams in the past and they've all made my legs itchy but this one uses colloidal oatmeal which is very calming and it helps reduce razor burn.



The key to shaving is finding a good razor. Many people have different preferences but for me personally I hate women's razors! They always leave my skin irritated no matter what brand I use. Then I discovered the Gillette Fusion razor! It has 5 blades plus 1 trimmer. It's good to have a razor with more blades because it helps lessen irritation. I am in love with this razor! It also has a moisturizing strip at the top which leaves your skin silky smooth. You wont be disappointed.
Remember to shave in a downward motion going with the grain of your hair. This will reduce irritation. 



What you do after shaving is also extremely important! I use both of these products regularly. Even though I don't have dry skin I love to use Eucerin Dry Skin Calming Cream. It absorbs super fast and really moisturizes well and it will help reduce redness and itchiness. I use this cream on days where I'm in a hurry or when I don't have time to wait for a moisturizer to sink in. I also love using coconut oil on my legs. It's extremely moisturizing and in a matter of about 1-2 months it has actually dramatically reduced the appearance of the scars on my legs. The only downside is that it doesn't soak into the skin very well so you have to let it air dry for a long time.


For those of you that get those itchy red bumps on your bikini line this will definitely help! I was always skeptical about trying Bikini Zone but then I finally broke down and bought it and I absolutely love it! I've always tried using natural moisturizers like shea butter around my bikini area but it only produces a short term effect. Bikini Zone cream instantly stops itching and reduces redness. I've used a lot of other bikini area creams but none of them have worked as well as Bikini Zone.




No comments:

Post a Comment